This page will guide you through setting up your Adam Internet email account in Windows 8.
This guide will show you how to set up Windows 8 so it will send and receive mail for your Adam Internet email account. Please follow these instructions carefully. If you get stuck, go back and try again, and if you still have trouble then we're here to help you - call our Helpdesk on (08) 8423 4000.
Please ensure that you are able to load a web page (such as www.adam.com.au) on the hardware in which the email client is to be configured on.
If the page doesn't load, try a different page. If it still won't load, it means your Internet connection may not be working properly. You should contact the provider of your Internet connection for some assistance. If the internet connection for the hardware in question is from Adam Internet please call our Helpdesk on (08) 8423 4000.
|Select the Mail tile from the Windows 8 start screen.|
|1. Hover your mouse over the bottom right corner of the screen until the charm menu appears.
2. Now select the Settings cog.
|Select Add an account.|
|Select Other Account.|
|1. Enter your email address e.g. 'email@example.com' into the Email Address field.
2. Enter your Adam Internet password into the Password field.
Select Show more details.
|1. Enter your account password into the Password field.
2. Enter securemail.adam.com.au into the Incoming (IMAP) email server field.
3. Enter 993 into the Incoming (IMAP) email server Port field.
4. Tick the Incoming server requires SSL tickbox.
5. Enter securemail.adam.com.au into the Outgoing (SMTP) email server field.
6. Enter 465 into the Outgoing (SMTP) email server Port field.
7. Tick the Outgoing server requires SSL tickbox.
8. Tick the Outgoing sever requires authentication tickbox.
9. Tick the Use the same username and password to send and receive email tickbox.
Press the Connect button.
You will now be able to commence using the Windows 8 email application with your Adam Internet email account.