Netcomm NB9WMAXX VoIP Setup GuideThis guide will walk you through setting up the Netcomm NB9WMAXX modem for using the AdamTalk Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service to make and receive calls.
Configuring the Modem
- To start, open an internet browser window (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.).
- At the top of the browser window is the address bar, this may currently contain a website address such as:
Delete this address entirely and type in the following number:
Press Enter on the keyboard.
- A login prompt will be displayed requesting a username and password. This is the modem username and password and is not to be confused with your Adam Internet username and password.
Enter the username admin and the password admin. Click OK.
- Once the browser has logged in, the modem status page will be displayed. This page contains information about the modem and connection such as firmware version and connection speeds.
On the left hand menu, Click on Voice.
- This will load the SIP Configuration page. There are quite a few settings on this page, please enter or check the following settings:
- Interface name: ppp_8_35_1 - pppoe_8_35
- Local selection: AUS - Australia
- Preferred codec: G711A
- Preferred ptime: 20
- Tick Use SIP Proxy
- SIP Proxy: sip.sa.adam.com.au
- SIP Proxy Port: 5060
- Register Expire Time: 360
- SIP Domain Name: sip.adam.com.au
- Tick Enable SIP Tag Matching
- DispName (Row 1): Your VoIP phone number (e.g.08xxxxxxxx)
- VOIP Phone Number (Row 1): Your VoIP phone number (e.g.08xxxxxxxx)
- Auth. ID: Your VoIP phone number (e.g.08xxxxxxxx)
- Auth. Password: your Adam VoIP password
- Leave all fields in Row 2 blank
- Emergency calls: Landline
- RFC2833 Outband DTMF: Disable
- The modem will restart and apply the new settings. When it has finished restarting, click on the Basic menu and check that Phone 1 Current Status shows Register to the SIP Proxy Succeed. If this shows correctly, the phone can now be tested.
To test the phone, first pick up the handset and check for dial tone. When the handset is picked up, the Phone 1 light on the modem will come on. If there is dial tone, you may now test calling a phone number.
Leave all other fields as default. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Apply and Save All VoIP Parameters.