Alvarion VG-1D1V-SIP VoIP Setup Guide
This guide will walk you through setting up the Alvarion VG-1D1V-SIP ATA for using the AdamTalk Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service to make and receive calls. This guide requires using the Alvarion TE1088 Networking Gateway to discover the IP Address of the ATA.
Configuring the Voice Gateway
- To start, open an internet browser window (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.). The page will not finish loading, this is normal as we are not connected to the Internet yet.
- At the top of the browser window is the address bar, this may currently contain a website address such as:
Delete this address entirely and type in the following number:
Press Enter on the keyboard.
- The System Status page for the Networking Gateway will display. In order to change settings on the Networking Gateway, a password will need to be entered.
On the left-hand menu under System Password, type installer and click Log In.
- Once logged in the left-hand menu will change to an Administrator's Main Menu.
On the bottom of the System Status screen, click Clients List....
- This will display a list of devices connected to the Networking Gateway.
In this list there will be an entry which corresponds to your computer; in this example the computer has the Host Name set as Adam but will be the name of the computer (e.g. John's Computer). There will also be another entry with the Host Name as @IP*** where *** is a 3-digit number (e.g. @IP177 as in the image below).
Write down the IP Address for this Host Name. This will be the Voice Gateway address and will be needed to enter the Voice Gateway setup. In this example, the IP Address is 192.168.1.177. Please note that this number may vary.
- Enter this number into the browser's address bar and press Enter on the keyboard. For this example we typed:
- This will load the web configuration login for the ATA. Enter the username as operator and the password as installer (both lowercase) and click Login.
- The first page to load will be titled Product info. This page contains information about the ATA including the firmware version.
On the left hand menu, click Telephone.
- The SIP Configuration page will display, this is where most of the settings will need to be entered. Enter the following settings and click Save:
- Telephone Line: On
- SIP Server IP (primary): sip.sa.adam.com.au
- SIP Server Port (primary): 5060
- SIP Server IP (secondary): sip.sa.adam.com.au
- SIP Server Port (secondary): 5060
- User Name: Your VoIP phone number (e.g.08xxxxxxxx)
- Password: Your Adam VoIP password
- Outgoing Display Name: Your VoIP phone number (e.g.08xxxxxxxx)
- Telephone Number: Your VoIP phone number (e.g.08xxxxxxxx)
- Telephone Domain Name: sip.adam.com.au
- Port: 5060
- At the top menu, click Line Configuration.
- Change the CLIP Standard setting to UNITED STATES and click Save.
- Finally, to apply all of the settings, click Restart on the left hand menu and then click the Restart button.