Adam Internet is committed to providing outstanding customer service and complying with the Customer Service Guarantee Standard (CSG Standard), which is monitored by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
This means that for eligible services we promise to meet certain minimum performance standards and to provide our customers with financial compensation when these are not met.
The CSG Standard covers the supply of standard fixed line telephone services. The CSG Standard sets out timeframes for the connection of standard telephone services, the repair of faults and for appointments.
Only voice telephony faults are covered. This means that non-voice faults such as Internet access or fax faults are not covered by the CSG Standard. In addition, where we make these features available to you, the following enhanced call-handling features are also covered by the CSG Standard:
- call waiting
- call forwarding
- call barring (not including blocking that has been programmed on the entire network)
- calling number display
- calling number display blocking
The CSG Standard does not apply to customer equipment or to customers who have more than five telephone services.
In some situations, we are exempt from complying with the CSG. These situations include:
- Where non-compliance or delays are due to circumstances outside our control (please see mass disruptions).
- Where you have agreed to waive CSG rights and protections.
- Where an enhanced call handling feature is not available (for example, due to existing network limitations).
- Where it is necessary to withdraw the service(s) in order to maintain or upgrade a facility or network and Adam Internet has given reasonable notice.
- If you fail to keep an appointment with Adam Internet without giving at least 24 hours notice.
- If you have not co-operated or have denied us access to your premises.
Full details of performance requirements and the compensation levels are available from the ACMA’s website.